Over the last few nights there have been a number of number plates stolen from parked vehicles across the Butser Sector, affected areas: Coombe Road, East Meon and Hinton Manor Lane, Horndean. If you have any information that may help with Police enquiries then please contact us on 101 quoting reference 44180446160.
Most vehicle crime is preventable. It can take as little as 10 seconds for a thief to steal something from your car. The best way to protect your belongings is to lock your car whenever you leave it. Other things you can do include:
- Removing everything from the car; don't even leave a jacket where it can be seen.
- Closing the sunroof along with the windows when you leave.
- Not storing things in the boot; take them with you.
- Storing car ownership information in your home, not your car.
- Having a routine to ensure you always take the keys out of the ignition.
- Taking removable stereos and sat nav equipment with you.
- In addition, using secure (theft resistant) number plates can make your plates less attractive to thieves
Please ensure you are vigilant at all times, calling police to report any suspicious activity, not just around your own property but anything suspicious in your residential area and community. In an emergency use 999 or 101 for non-emergency. It is not too late to report any suspicious activity to police.